Page CXVI, Be Thou My Vision

Page CXVI
Be Thou My Vision


Thursday, July 26, 2007

Gifts from friends

Today I received a gift that can hardly be put into words, my attempt would simply dull the joy it brings. Never-the-less, here is our story:

We have been planning, or shall I say attempting to plan a trip to NY for Rachel's September 29th wedding (Amie's sister). It's hard to plan a trip of 631 miles on little to no budget. But yet, you can't just say no to seeing your sister off into a new life of happiness and marriage. It's an event that is just assumed you would make, and I understand to some extent. I would not want 600 miles to stop me from seeing my sister off at her wedding. So we were sitting in this catch-22 wondering and contemplating what we would do.

Enter a mysterious inter-office mail envelope with no return address marked "URGENT." I opened it to find a gift certificate for at least $400 cash for travel expenses and a Ford SUV rental for the weekend of September 15. As smart as I am, I didn't think much of it besides a gimmick. I didn't at all connect the two until today when I was talking to Johnathon, who said that it was definitely true. All except for the part about $400. It was actually $800! After about 5 minutes of Johnathon convincing me it was true, I told Amie. She cried.

"We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of acts of kindness there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over." (James Boswell)

The information is still a little vague to me, but Johnathon told me a few friends decided they wanted to be a blessing to us. We are very grateful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers